Ballinagh Holiday Homes Cavan
Ballinagh is a small village 8km from Cavan Town
Ballinagh, County Cavan, grew up as a staging post on the Sligo to Dublin coach road at the beginning of the 18th century. In 1803 Captain Fleming, the local landlord, built a stone tower on a nearby hill, which is still called ‘Fleming’s Folly’.
The tower is easily accessible, and there is a wonderful view from it over the surrounding countryside. Indeed, on a clear day, it is possible to see the provinces of Ulster, Connaught and Leinster from this spot.
The oldest building in the Ballinagh today is the market house, constructed in 1821 by Captain Fleming. Nearby Kilmore Cathedral in Crossdoney is a beautiful William Slater cathedral with a famous Romanesque doorway dating from the 12th/13th century.
Ballinagh is an ideal location for touring, walking and fishing as both Killykeen Forest Park and Lough Oughter are located nearby. Casey’s Steak House in the town is famous for excellent food.